Kongsberg attack: 37-year-old Danish man arrested for bow and arrow attack

A 37-YEAR-OLD Danish man has been arrested as a total of seven people were victims of last nights horrific bow and arrow attack in Oslo.

Police have now said the man who went on a killing spree with a bow and arrow in Norway last night was possibly radicalised.

Four woman and one man were killed, and two others were wounded on Wednesday evening when a man launched an assault with a deadly weapon inside a Coop Extra supermarket.

The attack happened in the town of Kongsberg, which is just southwest of Oslo, at 6.12pm yesterday, and police confronted the attacker shortly after he started.

Sky News reported that the man who was arrested had previously been flagged for Islamic radicalisation.

HeraldScotland:

The arrest of the man was slightly delayed as he moved throughout the town during the attack.

Locals were ordered to stay indoors during the incident, and authorities had sealed off several large areas of the town.

Police prosecutor Ann Irén Svane Mathiassen told local news outlet TV2 that the man had lived in Kongsberg for several years and was known to police.

It is also understood that he was taken for questioning by Norwegian police for a period of three-hours and cooperated with them.

A spokesman for Coop supermarkets last night said: “We can confirm that there has been a serious incident in our store and that none of our employees are physically injured.

“We are now concerned with following up our employees, and beyond that, we refer to the police investigation.”

The Herald Scotland

The Herald Scotland

The Herald is a Scottish broadsheet newspaper founded in 1783. The Herald is the longest running national newspaper in the world and is the eighth oldest daily paper in the world. The title was simplified from The Glasgow Herald in 1992